Hotel and casino workers and customers get injured in many ways. It’s important to know some of the common injuries these people can incur and how a personal injury attorney in Las Vegas could help you get reasonable compensation.
Las Vegas is known for its hotels and casinos. Millions of people visit the city to stay at gorgeous resorts and have some fun gambling in the casinos, which are everywhere you look. However, patrons and workers can be at risk because some hotels and casinos aren’t always safe. People are still prone to different accidents and injuries while working or enjoying themselves. This post discusses some of the common injuries you are most likely to suffer in a Las Vegas casino or hotel. To discuss your specific injuries, speak with a Las Vegas personal injury lawyer directly.
Below are the leading accidents and injuries you should be wary of when visiting a casino or hotel in Las Vegas and the larger Nevada.
- Assaults – Gamblers and tourists are favorite targets for assailants and because they tend to carry large amounts of cash unless casino owners take extra security precautions. Further, alcohol is common in many casinos and some hotels, making intoxicated patrons easy victims of assault. Assault can be the result of inadequate security in hotels or casinos.
- Elevator and escalator accidents – These injuries are common in these massive buildings. They can result from doors closing too fast while people are still entering or leaving. These injuries also come from elevator cabins sticking between two floors or other malfunctions of these complex transportation devices. These accidents might happen due to defective maintenance or manufacturing.
- Food poisoning – With the many buffets and restaurants, there is always the chance that someone might get food poisoning. Careless food handling and improper preparation could contaminate it, making customers very sick. Food poisoning can be difficult to prove in many situations, though it is possible in some cases.
- Vehicle accidents – Common in the massive parking lots and garages owned by hotels and casinos. People might be distracted or intoxicated, or they might simply not know where they are going and make mistakes. Even slow-moving cars can cause serious damage and injuries.
- Slip and fall – People can trip and fall in these popular hubs. Wet or dirty bathrooms, food or drink spills on floors, poor lighting, and worn-out floors can cause fall injuries. Slip and falls can result in surprisingly serious injuries to both guests or people on the job.
Getting Legal Help from a Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer
You should always be aware of the injuries you could suffer in hotels and casinos. If you get hurt due to someone’s negligence, you have the legal right to get compensated for your losses. Talk to a personal injury attorney in Las Vegas from Breeden Malpractice and Injury Law to help you get just and reasonable compensation.
Do you need help with getting compensation for injuries you suffered in a Las Vegas hotel or casino? We are here to work with you. Call our office today at (702) 819-7770 or contact us online and start the journey to compensation.