Nevada Personal Injury and Malpractice Attorneys
The first attorney who ever hired me told me “be a friend to the friendless and the voice of the common man and you’ll go far in this business.” I’ve never forgotten that advice and I bring that attitude to my law firm every day.
I’ve practiced in the fields of Las Vegas personal injury and medical malpractice law for over fifteen years. I’m licensed to practice law in four states (Nevada, Arizona, Ohio, and Florida) and eleven different federal jurisdictions. In addition to litigation and trial practice in state and federal courts, I’ve handled numerous appeals, including lead oral argument before the Nevada Supreme Court and published supreme court and the court of appeals decisions, having prevailed for my client in one of the first opinions ever issued by Nevada’s Court of Appeals after its creation (affirming an $11,000,000+ judgment). I am a certified mediator through AAA/Mediation.org, the leading ADR organization in the United States. I’m also a published legal author.
In my career, I’ve received numerous professional honors, including pro bono recognitions, a feature in MyVegas Magazine’s “Top 100 Lawyers,” special recognition by members of Congress, a member of the American Society of Legal Advocates “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” and a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association “Top 100.” I am also an emeritus member of the State Bar of Nevada’s fee dispute committee, having helped resolve disputes between attorneys and members of the public at no charge. I’ve also handled numerous seven, eight, and even nine-figure exposure cases while conducting countless depositions, mediations, arbitrations, and trials. I’ve represented numerous high profile clients and been involved in high profile media cases as well.
On a personal level, when I’m not at my desk answering calls or in court arguing for clients, I am a travel enthusiast wandering the world with my wonderful wife. We have a 10 year old Tibetan Spaniel as our child. I am also a former First Team All-Ohio golfer but these days I enjoy the fairways for relaxation and exercise rather than competition.
Thank you for taking the time to know me, I hope to hear from you soon.
Breeden Malpractice and Injury Law, PLLC Las Vegas, NV Managing Attorney/Principal (2014-present) Private practice in the areas of civil litigation of all types, personal injury law, product liability, premises liability, medical malpractice, legal malpractice, real estate matters, and collections. Practice includes arbitrations, depositions, trials, and appeals.
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP Las Vegas, NV Associate Attorney Lewis Brisbois is a multi-state defense law firm based out of Los Angeles with over 800 attorneys in 26 offices and 13 states from coast to coast. My practice there was in the area of personal injury defense, auto accidents, slip and fall, and premises liability. Representative clients/insurers include M Resort, Marnell Companies, Caesars Entertainment, Chartis, CNA Insurance, AIG, Lexington Insurance and others.
- Nevada state courts
- Ohio state courts
- Arizona state courts
- Florida state courts
- U.S. District Court, S.D. of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Ohio
- U.S. District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, S.D. of Florida
- U.S. District of Nevada Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. District of Arizona Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Cases handled in First, Second, Third, Fifth, Sixth and Eighth Nevada Districts
- Clark County, NV District Attorney Family Support Div. hearings
- Nevada worker’s compensation system
- Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles
- U.S. Dept. of Energy administrative hearing board
Adam Breedeninfo@breedenandassociates.comClick here for full CV
Academic Background Scholarships
- B.A., Summa cum laude, The Ohio State University (top 3%)
- Ohio State University Dept. of Communications scholarship
- Ohio State University Campus scholarship
- Ohio State University National Merit corporate scholarship (PPG Industries)
- Oxford University, England (Saint Anne’s College) summer study abroad
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), University of Cincinnati College of Law
- Legal Externship, Hon. Sandra S. Beckwith, U.S. District Court, S.D. Ohio
- University of Cincinnati College of Law- Timothy Walker Founder’s Scholarship
- University of Cincinnati College of Law- Center for Corporate Law Fellow (four per class)
- University of Cincinnati College of Law- Book award scholarship for academic excellence
- University of Cincinnati College of Law- Dean’s List every semester
- American Legion Certificate of School Award for Distinguished Achievement
- Atwater v. City of Lago Vista: How Should States Respond to the Supreme Court’s Latest Expansion of Automobile Search & Seizure Law; Breeden, Adam J., 70 U. Cin. L. Rev. 1395 (2001-2002)
- Breeden v. Eighth Judicial District Court, 131 Nev. Advance Opinion 12 (2015) (a party may voluntarily dismiss a non- frivolous writ petition or appeal without dismissal being conditioned on payment of the other side’s attorney’s fees)
- Allstate Insurance Co. v. Thorpe, 123 Nev. 565, 170 P.3d 989 (Nev. 2007) (medical care provider had a private right of action under state law against insurers for untimely reimbursement under casualty policies, but needed to first exhaust administrative remedies prior to bringing class action lawsuit)
- SLS Properties v. Renzi, et. al.- Nevada Court of Appeals (April 15, 2015)- Verdict after dispositive sanctions upheld in $12,000,000+ real estate dispute.