Nevada Personal Injury and Malpractice Attorneys
The first attorney who ever hired me told me “be a friend to the friendless and the voice of the common man and you’ll go far in this business.” I’ve never forgotten that advice and I bring that attitude to my law firm every day.
I’ve practiced in the fields of personal injury and medical malpractice law for over fifteen years. I’m licensed to practice law in four states (Nevada, Arizona, Ohio and Florida) and eleven different federal jurisdictions. In addition to litigation and trial practice in state and federal courts, I’ve handled numerous appeals, including lead oral argument before the Nevada Supreme Court and published supreme court and court of appeals decisions, having prevailed for my client in one of the first opinions ever issued by Nevada’s Court of Appeals after its creation (affirming an $11,000,000+ judgment). I am a certified mediator through AAA/Mediation.org, the leading ADR organization in the United States. I’m also a published legal author.
In my career I’ve received numerous professional honors, including pro bono recognitions, a feature in MyVegas Magazine’s “Top 100 Lawyers,” special recognition by members of Congress, a member of the American Society of Legal Advocates “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” and a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association “Top 100.” I am also an emeritus member of the State Bar of Nevada’s fee dispute committee, having helped resolve disputes between attorneys and members of the public at no charge. I’ve also handled numerous seven, eight and even nine figure exposure cases while conducting countless depositions, mediations, arbitrations and trials. I’ve represented numerous high profile clients and been involved in high profile media cases as well.
On a personal level, when I’m not at my desk answering calls or in court arguing for clients, I am a travel enthusiast wandering the world with my wonderful wife. We have a 10 year old Tibetan Spaniel as our child. I am also a former First Team All-Ohio golfer but these days I enjoy the fairways for relaxation and exercise rather than competition.
Thank you for taking the time to know me, I hope to hear from you soon.
Breeden Malpractice and Injury Law, PLLC Las Vegas, NV Managing Attorney/Principal (2014-present) Private practice in the areas of civil litigation of all types, personal injury law, product liability, premises liability, medical malpractice, legal malpractice, real estate matters, and collections. Practice includes arbitrations, depositions, trials, and appeals.
Lewis Brisbois Bisgaard & Smith, LLP Las Vegas, NV Associate Attorney Lewis Brisbois is a multi-state defense law firm based out of Los Angeles with over 800 attorneys in 26 offices and 13 states from coast to coast. My practice there was in the area of personal injury defense, auto accidents, slip and fall and premises liability. Representative clients/insurers include M Resort, Marnell Companies, Caesars Entertainment, Chartis, CNA Insurance, AIG, Lexington Insurance and others.
- Nevada state courts
- Ohio state courts
- Arizona state courts
- Florida state courts
- U.S. District Court, S.D. of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, N.D. of Ohio
- U.S. District of Nevada
- U.S. District Court of Arizona
- U.S. District Court, S.D. of Florida
- U.S. District of Nevada Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. District of Arizona Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
- Cases handled in First, Second, Third, Fifth, Sixth and Eighth Nevada Districts
- Clark County, NV District Attorney Family Support Div. hearings
- Nevada worker’s compensation system
- Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles
- U.S. Dept. of Energy administrative hearing board
Academic Background Scholarships
- B.A., Summa cum laude, The Ohio State University (top 3%)
- Ohio State University Dept. of Communications scholarship
- Ohio State University Campus scholarship
- Ohio State University National Merit corporate scholarship (PPG Industries)
- Oxford University, England (Saint Anne’s College) summer study abroad
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.), University of Cincinnati College of Law
- Legal Externship, Hon. Sandra S. Beckwith, U.S. District Court, S.D. Ohio
- University of Cincinnati College of Law- Timothy Walker Founder’s Scholarship
- University of Cincinnati College of Law- Center for Corporate Law Fellow (four per class)
- University of Cincinnati College of Law- Book award scholarship for academic excellence
- University of Cincinnati College of Law- Dean’s List every semester
- American Legion Certificate of School Award for Distinguished Achievement
- Atwater v. City of Lago Vista: How Should States Respond to the Supreme Court’s Latest Expansion of Automobile Search & Seizure Law; Breeden, Adam J., 70 U. Cin. L. Rev. 1395 (2001-2002)
- Breeden v. Eighth Judicial District Court, 131 Nev. Advance Opinion 12 (2015) (a party may voluntarily dismiss a non- frivolous writ petition or appeal without dismissal being conditioned on payment of the other side’s attorney’s fees)
- Allstate Insurance Co. v. Thorpe, 123 Nev. 565, 170 P.3d 989 (Nev. 2007) (medical care provider had a private right of action under state law against insurers for untimely reimbursement under casualty policies, but needed to first exhaust administrative remedies prior to bringing class action lawsuit)
- SLS Properties v. Renzi, et. al.- Nevada Court of Appeals (April 15, 2015)- Verdict after dispositive sanctions upheld in $12,000,000+ real estate dispute.
Mr. DeMint prides himself on the ability to quickly and efficiently solve complex issues on a cost effective basis for his clients.
Mr. DeMint's representation of private companies have involved a number of reverse mergers with public companies coupled with private equity financing transactions, asset acquisitions and other M&A transactions. He also has extensive experience in taking start-up entities public and a variety of other business transactions.
Mr. DeMint is a native of Las Vegas and graduated from the University of Nevada Las Vegas (UNLV) with a Bachelor of Arts in Economics. Mr. DeMint then also received his Juris Doctorate from the William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV. He is admitted to practice law in Nevada state and federal courts.
Ms. Reizakis is a court-certified arbitrator in the state of Nevada, as well as a trained mediator.
Yianna C. Reizakis is Of Counsel for Breeden & Associates. She has won multiple awards for her work in the legal field including but not limited to being selected as Nevada Legal Elite and being included on top lawyer lists for My Vegas and Desert Companion magazines. She has also been referred to casually by other attorneys as one of the best trial attorneys in the state of Nevada. In the last five years alone, she has successfully tried over thirty-five cases to verdict, more than most attorneys will try throughout a full career. Ms. Reizakis has worked for regional and national insurance companies, large and small businesses, and many private individuals in her career.
Although Ms. Reizakis' philosophy toward client representation requires a large time commitment and often an emotional investment in her cases, her results demonstrate the pay off. Over the course of her career she has had multiple years where she resolved over one hundred (100) cases for her clients. Additionally, she has an unmatched recent trial success record in Clark County, Nevada. There are very few attorneys in Southern Nevada with as much recent trial experience as Ms. Reizakis.
Kristy is a proud native of Las Vegas, Nevada. She ventured out of Las Vegas to attend college as a collegiate softball player in Santa Barbara, California where she obtained her B.S. in Psychology.
Kristy transitioned into the legal field in 2004 when she began working for one of the largest law firms in the State of Nevada. After being employed with a firm of over 60 attorneys, she found that she preferred the more “family style” boutique firms. She felt these firms could offer a more personal touch and allow The clients more quality time and attention.
Kristy is a Certified Paralegal and is currently in the process of obtaining her B.A. in Government with emphasis in Paralegal Studies. Outside of the office, Kristy enjoys spending time with her future husband, her mom and dad, and her two amazing children. She loves football, movies, the beach, and music concerts.