Rush hour traffic is many things, including being more prone to dangerous collisions. Rush hour can frustrate even the calmest among us, and when drivers give in to their more aggressive instincts, dangerous rush-hour accidents can be the result.
Rush hour traffic – we could all do without it, but it’s simply part of living in Las Vegas (or any other major city). While traffic accidents can happen at any time of the day or night, they are especially prone to happening during rush hour (and all that traffic makes them that much more dangerous). If you’ve been injured in a car accident that was caused by someone else’s negligence, reach out to an experienced Las Vegas car accident lawyer today.
Rush Hour Means More than Just More Traffic
Yes, rush hour can be frustrating, but it’s more than just inconvenient, as it’s also closely associated with increased collisions for all of the following reasons (among others):
- The frustration associated with having to linger in traffic can prompt some drivers to become aggressive, and aggressive drivers are dangerous drivers.
- Some drivers pull out their phones and become dangerously distracted when they get bored with the stop-and-start traffic.
- Fast-moving traffic can be deceiving, and some motorists allow themselves to get up to speed without factoring in that traffic is very likely to slow down considerably without offering any warning. Dangerous rear-end accidents can ensue.
- The amount of time it takes to move through rush hour traffic can leave motorists drowsy, and being drowsy behind the wheel isn’t safe.
- The sheer volume of traffic during rush hour can make even seemingly minor driving errors that much more dangerous and more likely to cause accidents.
Rush hour often means more accidents for many different reasons.
Staying Safe Out There
Rush hour traffic can feel like a beast over which you have no control, but there are things you can do to help you stay safe out there, including:
- Allow yourself plenty of time. You are well aware that rush hour happens – every day – so if you can’t alter your schedule to avoid it, you’re going to need to build extra time into your schedule to accommodate for it. When you’re in a rush, it makes accidents more likely. When you build time into your schedule, it can help you let go of the stress, so enjoy a good audiobook or podcast and go with the flow of traffic. Don’t be one of the aggressive drivers out there who make our roads more dangerous for everyone.
- Don’t forget the golden rule – be polite to other drivers. If someone needs to be in your lane, remember that we’re all in this together and let his or her vehicle in with a friendly wave. You might even help diffuse a dangerously aggressive driver.
Consult With An Experienced Las Vegas Car Accident Lawyer Today
The formidable Las Vegas car accident lawyers at Breeden Malpractice & Injury Law have impressive experience guiding claims like yours toward optimal resolutions, and we’re committed to helping you, too. To schedule a free consultation today, please don’t hesitate to contact or call us at (702) 819-7770.